Competitive Youth Climbing Camp
Spend the weekend with us and get a head start on the fall season
The authors of The Self-Coached Climber and long time climbing coaches offer a three day, 16 hour camp for young competitive climbers with a focus on preparing for the upcoming 2015 ABS season.
● Know yourself: Coaches’ video assessment of your movement skills. Video is the most powerful tool available for understanding the timing, structure and mechanical efficiency of climbing movement. We’ll video you on a number of climbs and send it to you with movement analysis and suggestions.
● Planning ahead: Make fewer sequencing errors. Failure to recognize and then execute a workable sequence often causes an early fall on what would otherwise have been a successful competition attempt. Learn to quickly see sequences from the ground and make fewer, further attempts.
● Build strength: Safe and effective conditioning for increased strength and power. Conditioning is a growing part of youth climbing program, but in many cases the conditioning is not sport-specific, or truly effective for climbing. For the first time, we are presenting brand new, sport-specific conditioning methods for climbers that increase strength and power while reducing the likelihood of certain injuries.
● Build endurance: Anaerobic endurance for bouldering. The competition format of 4 minutes on and 4 minutes off makes specific physiological demands of climbers necessitating high power output and fast recovery between efforts. Learn new training methods to enhance performance at bouldering competitions.
● Outsmart your competitors: Tactics and movement for competition setting. Competition setting has changed significantly over the past few years becoming more technical, awkward, and dynamic and less and less like outdoor bouldering. We’ll give you hands on experience with a number of the most common competition moves used today and provide tactics and video analysis for completing these moves under pressure.
● The way forward: Your personal road map for improvement. At the end of the third day the coaches will provide you a detailed personal guide, including video, to climbing performance improvement for you and your coach.
When: August 7 – 9
August 7, noon to 5 pm assessment
August 8, 9 am to 4 pm sequencing, building strength, and setting tricks
August 9, 9 am to 3 pm endurance workouts and personal recommendations
Price: $199 / participant, limited to the first 15 applicants.
Register here:Click Here!