Have you ever said that to your children? It could be furniture they were climbing… a tree… the dog. Don’t be ashamed, it’s a natural reaction to what you perceive to be a dangerous situation. But what if you didn’t have to say it? What if, for just a couple hours, you could give your children and their friends the gift of freedom to satisfy eons-old ancestral urges to reach higher?
Well, here in Lynchburg, you can—and it’s surprisingly easy when you give your children a birthday party they’ll never forget. You’ve probably heard all the standard reasons. A rock climbing birthday party is affordable. It’s unique. Climbing builds confidence and self esteem. But here are 5 more reasons for the best birthday party ever—and we bet you never thought of them.
- Climbing is inclusive! Far from the standard physical activities in which kids normally take part, climbing has a way of turning competitors into teammates. It’s almost magical the way kids in your party will naturally start to share tips and cheer each other on.
- Climbing exercises a whole other set of muscles. We can’t tell you how many times we’ve seen kids who aren’t as athletically inclined as their friends excel far beyond what they thought was possible when climbing. This is because climbing engages a whole new set of muscles—and more importantly, entirely new areas of the brain.
- Climbing satisfies an ancestral urge. Long ago, climbing was simply part of peoples’ lives. Check out the cliff dwellings of Mesa Verde, for example, where the ability to climb meant safety. Tying into a 3000-lbs. strong rope and letting loose on a climbing wall taps into something that adults don’t tend to feel anymore.
- At Rise Up, our climbing birthday parties are more than just clip-and-go. Our instructors are experts at reading your group and adapting your party on the fly so that it builds on their natural interactions and inclinations. In this way, every climbing birthday party we host is unique. It’s like a party customized for your kids.
- Your kids might just find their callings. Team Rise Up, our junior climbing team/club is filled with kids who first felt the elation of rock climbing at a Rise Up birthday party. These kids look forward to practicing and climbing once or twice a week. Then, each night as they lay in bed dozing, odds are they’re thinking of climbing challenges and successes, rather than video games and Snapchat.
- BONUS Reason: Climbing is, at its heart, problem solving. Each climb presents a challenge—a sequence of hand and footholds that must be unlocked to be solved. It is simply… engaging. Some might say engrossing. And if ever there were an important life skill to acquire, isn’t it that?
A climbing birthday party is affordable. It is unique. And climbing does build confidence and self esteem. But those represent only a fraction of the reasons why a climbing party is a great idea. Take into account those reasons you normally might not consider, and all of a sudden a climbing birthday party begins to a look a lot like the best gift a parent can give.
Get more info on Rise Up climbing birthday parties.